My Husband Rocks T-SHIRTS www.Union28.net

Monday, March 1, 2010

DIY Painted Bulletin Board (Thanks Hobby Lobby)

Hobby Lobby. To me, it is like heaven. I feel this way about very things. The Library, BYU-Hawaii, and a particular fabric store I mentioned months ago in my personal blog. As I was strolling through (read: walking as fast as possible with a wriggly, unhappy toddler), I glanced down and saw something wonderful. It was a cork board with a painted embellishment on it. And I knew I was in love. The price, however I was not too fond of and lets be real, I live in an apt. Where am I going to have a cork board?!

But, I did know of one place that was already primed and ready to go: My daughters art/book/diaper amour. See? 
The top ( I know, it is sideways here) is cork and the bottom is a chalkboard (spray on chalkboard paint). So I gathered a few tools and set to work
1. Stencil 2. Foam paint brush 3. Stencil paint (i thought about using spray paint but this was going to be done inside
I just taped the stencil up and painted away

Final result. I like it. I actually like it a lot. Oh, the possibilities are endless

No comments: