My Husband Rocks T-SHIRTS www.Union28.net

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Saving money

Join our affiliate program and make money togehter
Recently I was asked "How do you do it with just ONE Car?" Actually, I was asked this every day for about a week. It was weird. But it got me thinking. And since I can, I am going to talk about it here.

I choose to have one car. It is very rarely hard since I stay at home. Meaning: I have no job outside of the home to go to.

"What about errands?" Well, i have a toddler. It is SO MUCH easier to go without her. When the Hubbs is home. And therefore the car.

"How do you stay busy?" I read. I write. I clean. I make really delicious food. I write thank you cards. I call friends. I ponder. I meditate. I work out. I do yoga. I go to the pool. I go on walks. It really is endless.

"Why do you choose to have one car?" Well, most families in the world at large have one or none at all. Besides, I enjoy not having to pay for another car and the insurance and the gas and the maintenance. That all adds up. I would rather go on cruise.

So, with that little soap box done with... this post is about saving money.

There are several ways to save money. And most you have heard of or are already doing. One of the most effective ways that I have found is to coupon. Yes, it can be a little time consuming to start with but it really gets so much easier.

Another way is to write companies. That's right folks. Love your shampoo? Have a favorite cereal? Terrible experience at a restaurant? Email them. Let them know. I have gotten many a free products/gift cards just for my input.

I think the best one I have ever heard was of my friend who went to Disneyworld. They go every year. One year the Wild Kingdom was lacking in the Wild department. He made a slide show and sent it to them, not expecting anything in return. Guess what... the entire family was asked to come back. All expense paid. They met with him about his experience and went over the things he had sent them.

Moral of the post: You matter. So does your money. And it can get you free stuff.

No comments: