My Husband Rocks T-SHIRTS www.Union28.net

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Delicious Cheap Chicken Enchiladas!

Yes, its me again. Im just such an amazing cook, and so humble too, that I couldnt keep my recipies from you any longer :).

And you are gonna be SOOOOO happy because its a Crock Pot recipe. I dont know about you, but I am a huge fan of Crock Pot recipies. Simple, Quick, and you dont have to babysit it! Its just great! Not to mention you (or the hubs... hehe) only has one pan to clean :). Ok so Ive experienced a bit with chicken enchiladas. I wanted them to be yummy, easy, fast, and inexpensive. So here is what I have come up with that isnt going to break your pocket book, but is still UBER yummy. (I just love that word.. UBER).

This meal fills a 9x13 pan if you have a lot of mouths to feed (or just one HUNGRY hubby). But for some of us we just have a little family so you can make 2 8x8 pans if you dont want 5 days of left overs :). What I actually do is just do the 9x13 pan, then freeze the rest and reheat a week later. It reheats really well!



2 chicken breasts (about a pound. I buy mine on sale for no more than $2)
1/3 cup mild salsa (about $.50)
1 10 oz can chile verde enchilada sauce (about $1)(many brands make it. Ive found that Las Palmas has the best flavor.. but thats just my opinion)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (i use the cheddar/monterey-jack blend) ($.50)
1 1/2 cup mozerella cheese ($2)
10 tortillas (about $1.50)

Totals around 7 or 8 bucks. not bad to feed a whole family. especially not bad for 2 meals.

mix sauce and salsa in crock pot.


add chicken and fully coat. cook for an hour on low heat (i think my crock pot cooks really fast so check for doneness at this point. chicken should be completely cooked). shred with 2 forks and return to pot, keeping pot on "keep warm" setting for at least 30 minutes. the longer it sits in the sauce, the better the flavor so i do mine for an hour.


put a little cheddar, some chicken, and some mozerella in each enchilada.


top with remaining sauce and mozerella. 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. We were so excited to eat these that I forgot to take a final picture.. but you get the idea. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

makana said...

Oh my! I am totally going to make this! Thanks for the post!